Ten Mudra for
1. Gyan Mudra (Mudra of
Touch the tip of the thumb to the tip of the index finger, with the other
three fingers stretched out.
As it is a mudra of knowledge, it enhances the knowledge. The tip of thumb
has centers of pituitary and endocrine glands. When we press these centers
by index finger the two glands work actively.
There is no particular time duration for this mudra. You can practice by
sitting, standing or lying on bed whenever and wherever you have time.
• Increases memory power and sharpens the brain
• Enhances concentration and prevents Insomnia
• If we practice it regularly, it will cure all psychological disorders like
Mental, Hysteria, Anger and Depression
2. Prithvi Mudra (Mudra of
Tip of the ring finger touches the tip of the thumb, with the other three
fingers stretched out.
It reduces all physical weaknesses.
It has no particular time duration. You can practice it any time you want.
• It helps to increase the weight for weak people
• It improves the complexion of skin and makes the skin to glow
• It makes the body active by keeping it healthy
3. Varuna Mudra (Mudra of
Tip of little finger touches the tip of thumb, with the other three fingers
It balances the water content and prevents all diseases which come due to
lack of water.
It has no specific time duration and one can practice it according to their
• It retains clarity in blood by balancing water content in the body
• Prevents the pains of Gastroenteritis and Muscle Shrinkage
Mudra (Mudra of Air):
Keep the index finger on the base of the thumb and press with thumb keeping
the other three fingers straight.
It prevents all the diseases that occur due to the imbalance of the air.
The practice of this mudra for 45 minutes reduces the severity of the
disease in 12 to 24 hours. For better results practice it for two months.
• It cures Rheumatism, Arthritis, Gout, Parkinson's disease and paralysis
without any medicine
• It is useful for Cervical Spondilytis, paralysis to face and catching of
nerve in neck
• It corrects the disorder of gas in the stomach
5.Shunya Mudra (Mudra of
Keep the middle finger at the mount of Venus and press it with thumb.
It reduces the dullness in our body.
One can practice it for 40 to 60 minutes daily until to be cured from the
• It relieves an earache within 4 or 5 minutes
• It is useful for the deaf and mentally challenged, but not for inborn
Mudra (Mudra of Sun):
Bend the ring finger and press it with thumb.
It sharpens the center in thyroid gland.
Practice it daily twice for 5 to 15 minutes.
• It reduces cholesterol in body and helps in reducing weight
• It reduces anxiety
• It corrects indigestion problems
7.Prana Mudra (Mudra of Life):
Bend ring finger and little finger and touch the tip of thumb with their
tips keeping the remaining two fingers stretched.
As it is the mudra of life, it improves the power of life. Weak people
become strong. It reduces the clamps in blood vessels. If we practice it
regularly, we will become active.
No specific time duration. One can practice it any time.
• It improves immunity
• Improves the power of eyes and reduces eye related diseases
• It removes the vitamin deficiency and fatigue
8. Apana Mudra (Mudra of
The tips of middle finger and ring finger touch the tip of thumb while the
other two fingers are stretched out.
It plays an important role in our health as it regulates the excretory
Practice it daily for 45 minutes, but practice for longer time yields more
• It regulates diabetes
• It cures constipation and piles
• It helps excreting the normal waste regularly
9. Apana Vayu Mudra (Mudra of
The tips of the middle finger and ring finger touch the tip of thumb, while
the index finger touches the base of thumb and little finger stretched out.
It benefits the heart. It works like injection in the reduction of heart
attack. It is as powerful as sorbitate tablet. It reduces the gas content in
Practice it as many times as you can. Heart patients and BP patients can
practice it for 15 minutes daily twice for better results.
• It strengthens the heart and regularizes palpitation
• It regulates excretory system
• It redeems gastric trouble
Linga Mudra (Mudra of Heat):
Interlock the fingers of both the hands and keep the thumb of the left hand
vertically straight and encircle it with the thumb and the index finger of
the right hand..
It generates heat in our body. Take milk, ghee, more water and fruit juices
in addition to practice of this mudra for much benefits.
Practice it any time you want. But don't practice it a lot as it produces
heat in the body. It can cause sweating even in winter if you practice it
• It stops production of phlegm and gives power to lungs
• It cures severe cold and bronchial infection
• It invigorates the body